Today you'll be seeing some basic pointers for IELTS speaking. Read on.
1. The IELTS Speaking test consists of 3 parts.
Re: Part 1
2. Part 1 lasts for around 4 to 5 minutes.
3. The purpose of this part of the test is to enable the candidates to gradually adjust and feel comfortable.
4. Candidates are given a series of questions about familiar topics.
5. This part also assesses how the candidate communicates certain opinions and information on everyday topics and common experiences or situations.
Re: Part 2
6. This part consists of what is known as the long turn.
7. It lasts for around 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Candidates are given a task or prompt card that states what they are to talk about.
9. Candidates are given 1 minute to prepare for their answer.
10. Candidates are allowed to make short notes to organize their answers.
11. This part of the test assesses the candidate's skill of speaking at length with regard to a particular topic for 2 minutes.
Re: Part 3
12. It lasts for around 4 to 5 minutes.
13. Questions for this part of the test are related to the topic in part 2.
14. This part consists of a discussion.
15. Candidates are assessed on how they express and justify opinions, analyze, discuss, and speculate about certain issues.
Check out our other IELTS overview posts.