To further develop your skills for IELTS writing task 1, you must organize and select your data. In other words, you have to:
1. Study the data before you begin to write.
2. Identify and focus on the most important aspects of the data.
3. Discover either the most noteworthy changes over time or the fundamental points of comparison between the given categories.
4. Formulate your description of the data around the said fundamental points, and include any pertinent subordinate points.
5. Make use of synonyms. It's always recommended that you don't quote the words used in the task and the data.
6. Also, take advantage of linking words to properly connect not only the ideas, but also the flow of ideas in your essay.
Next week, you'll be learning how to compare data - another important skill you have to manifest to make it good in IELTS writing task 1.
Other IELTS writing tips:
- 8 Tips for Understanding and Interpreting Data in the IELTS Writing Module
- 6 Tips for Organizing and Selecting Data in the IELTS Writing Module
- 6 Tips for Comparing Data in the IELTS Writing Module
- 7 Tips for Describing a Process or Object in the IELTS Writing Module
- 6 Tips for Presenting and Justifying an Opinion in the IELTS Writing Module
- 3 Tips for Comparing and Contrasting Opinions, Evidence, and Implications in the IELTS Writing Module
- 3 Tips for Providing Solutions to a Problem in the IELTS Writing Module
- 5 Tips for Evaluating and Challenging Ideas in the IELTS Writing Module